Under One Roof
Keep 20th December 2017 free for the next Under One Roof…
Under One Roof is the brainchild of Meat Free’s Alice Woods. Together with Manchester People First, who are a self advocacy group run by and for adults with a learning disability, we’ve thrown 2 raves so far in the Northern Quarter’s Texture, and plan on many more!
In the words of Alice,
“What we’ve always wanted to do is totally democratise dance floors – this is just an extension of that. One of our guiding principles is inclusivity. That’s been our thing from day one and why we wanted to start the party. We thought we’d love to be able to extend that out to new audiences who might not be able to come to our nights.”
BBC News covered our first Under One Roof event, and the journey of Shane who is a keen DJ who attended (hi Shane! :-). Manchester Evening News have also given Under One Roof a great writeup following our second event. If you want to check out some pictures, there’s lots in Texture’s album here!
“We need more raves”
Shane, an aspiring DJ, is looking forward to going to his first ever rave for people with learning disabilities.
Posted by BBC Stories on Sunday, 3 September 2017
If you’re thinking of coming along to our next rave, we encourage it!
- Our Under One Roof raves normally run from 6pm – 9pm.
- Entry is £3 per person.
- Under One Roof takes place in Texture, in Manchester’s Northern Quarter, 67 Lever Street, Manchester, M1 1FL (the end closer to Great Ancoats Street rather than Piccadilly).
- The venue is fully accessible both inside and outside.
- We ensure numbers are kept realistic for the venue size, so there will be plenty of room to move and dance.
- There will be flashing lights and loud music.
- Expect Meat Free DJs playing house and disco, along with other great guest DJs!
- The venue has a bar and alcohol will be on sale as well as soft drinks.
- Please note, ID is required for the purchase of alcohol.
- Don’t worry about printing out tickets, your name and ID is sufficient for us to check you off the list on entry.
And the most important thing!
Please come with a smile on your face, dance and enjoy yourselves! 🙂