Under One Roof is the brainchild of Meat Free’s Alice Woods. Together with Manchester People First, who are a self advocacy group run by and for adults with a learning disability. We’ve thrown several raves so far in the Northern Quarter’s Texture, however due to it’s recent closure we have now relocated to the exciting brand new venue in Manchester ‘Yes’ (M1 7BD). The venue is fully accessible both inside and outside, but please be aware there will be some flashing lights inside the venue. If you’re disabled, or know someone who is that may like to come for a good ol’ rave up, then please do spread the word and share these events.
In the words of Alice,
“What we’ve always wanted to do is totally democratise dance floors – this is just an extension of that. One of our guiding principles is inclusivity. That’s been our thing from day one and why we wanted to start the party. We thought we’d love to be able to extend that out to new audiences who might not be able to come to our nights.”
BBC News covered our first Under One Roof event (1.5 million views and counting!) and the journey of Shane who is a keen DJ who attended (hi Shane! :-). Manchester Evening News have also given Under One Roof a great writeup following our second event. If you want to check out some pictures, there’s lots in Texture’s album here!
If you’re thinking of coming along to our next rave, we encourage it!
- Our Under One Roof raves normally run from 6pm – 9pm.
- Entry is £3 per person.
- Under One Roof takes place at ‘Yes’ – 38 Charles Street, Manchester, M1 7BD.
- We ensure numbers are kept realistic for the venue size, so there will be plenty of room to move and dance.
- There will be flashing lights and loud music.
- Expect Meat Free DJs playing house and disco, along with other great guest DJs!
- The venue has a bar and alcohol will be on sale as well as soft drinks.
- Please note, ID is required for the purchase of alcohol.
- Don’t worry about printing out tickets, your name and ID is sufficient for us to check you off the list on entry.
And the most important thing!
Please come, be yourself, dance and enjoy yourselves! 🙂